Would you use HTML5 for your next project?

kavoir.com

Did some tests and seems all the HTML5 tags / features work pretty well across all modern browsers except in IE6 for whom you have to use a little JS to make it style specific HTML5 elements.

It's easy but still takes quite some time to shape your skills / remember all the tags, etc.. I think I will not adopt it so soon in any foreseeable future as I have yet to discover any substantial benefits it offers.

It's disrupting.

I haven't seen any benefits from it either although I'm sure its technology is pretty substantial seeing as how HTML 4.01 has been out for quite some time.  I'm interested in its forecoming, but I really don't know what it will be able to do that traditional HTML cannot.

Any discoveries would make for a great blog...assuming the blogger was a worthwhile writer.

The good thing is that HTML 5 will probably knock IE6 out of the water. Once people start using sites that completely don't work because they are on IE6, they will probably start upgrading and getting something better.

..or at least I would hope so.

I wouldn't personally use it because I haven't looked it over yet or heard any advantages that would persuade me to immediately switch over. Plus, I can't imagine we'll see it in great use for another 8-10 years anyway.

1,5 - 2 years tops

Its kinda funny this topic came up because I was just looking into this last night. I found this website http://processingjs.org/. It seems to me that there are going to be some pretty nice enhancements. Especially with the canvas element.

MS have said there not going to be implementing the <canvas> tags until at least IE10. Shame really considering most other browsers already support it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.