Astrophotography

jcombs_31

This is a remake of a site I developed a long time ago.  There was a revision before this that I was not happy with and never went online.  Most of the major work is complete.  Most of the content (mainly the gallery is the bulk of the site) is controlled with a custom CMS.  I have to finish some odds and ends but I think it is ready for critique and problem fixing.

http://dev.bcastropics.com/

Let me know of any holes you may find.

edit:  I forgot to mention that I haven't tested and I know that IE6 will have major problems mostly due to the transparent PNGs I've used around here and there, but I intend to put a notice to those users.  In my mind there is no need for a site like this to cater to old browsers.  I have some other cool ideas to build on as well.

The "Current Highlight" heading on the home page is a little hard to read with the background. Perhaps you could tone down on the meteor trail for this heading.

I'm not sure about the icon before the Copyright 2009 on the bottom left.

The gallery looks good. Would 9 be a better number of images to show on one page? A search option for the gallery would also be cool, seeing as there are a good few images there.

I did not see the image categories list on the right the first time. (Could just have been me).

-steve

Can you post a screen shot of the highlight text.  The meteor shouldn't be interfering.  9 could be better and a search is something I still have to add, but it is easy enough.  I probably should have done that already before posting this.

The logo/icon can probably use some work, I did that years ago and haven't played with it in this revision.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.