Multiple monitor setups?

Philip

How many monitors do you have?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many monitors do you have?

• 6+

@The Little Guy

lol, don't even have wallpaper, just the plaster painted yellow :) . DVI -> HDMI, it's hooked up atm, but the cable isn't really long enough and hence can't really put anything tidy. It's hooked up so that both my TV and Monitor are connected to my PC, got a HDMI repeater too so my PS3 is also hooked up to both the TV and the secondary input on my Monitor. The only thing I can't do is watch TV on my monitor... maybe I should get a TV card... I also need to get a sat dish up so that I can tune the Freesat in.

@SemiApocalyptic

Alas no, it's the 1906's little brother (1306). But it serves it's purpose.

@The Little Guy

lol, don't even have wallpaper, just the plaster painted yellow :) .

lol I meant on the computer monitor ;)

It looks like the text renders really well on the TV monitor, thats why I asked. Mine looks like shit :( Cant read a thing on it probably for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. I have a CRT TV

or

2. Its the S-Video cable

or both...

Picture displays just fine though!

It looks like the text renders really well on the TV monitor, thats why I asked. Mine looks like shit :( Cant read a thing on it probably for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. I have a CRT TV

or

2. Its the S-Video cable

or both...

Well you also do not have an HD card as Cags does, the HDMI cable and HD card increases the quality tremendously vs the old cards and what they can push out to a monitor.

PC to TV is DVI to HDMI, PC to monitor is DVI to VGA (because the HDMI splitter from my PS3 goes HDMI to DVI and my monitor has 1 DVI and 1 VGA). The text looks fine on the TV but you'd hope it would do with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 (progressive scan), which is (just) higher than the resolution of my monitor. The reason yours doesn't look as good is partly down to the way CRT screens work and partly because the maximum resolution an s-video cable can carry is 576i (i means interlaced which essentially means your only drawing every other line every other frame) but is normally 480i. Drop your monitor down to that resolution and see how easy going you find it :).

Ooooh that wallpaper... I knew that, honest, I as just being erm... sarcastic.

Mmmm Olivia Wilde.

Yer, she is very good in that. I was disappointed that Joss Whedon choose to do that over more Firefly until I started watching it. If it goes the same way as that it'll be a cancelled series that turns into a hit movie, normally it's the other way round. Some of the outfits she wears for the 'engagements' are pretty darn nice.

Heh, I have yet to watch Firefly - I have the whole season on Blu-ray waiting to be watched, though I have seen Serenity and enjoyed it.

I'm only really just getting into Joss Whedons work, I was only a casual watcher of Buffy, as in I had only seen an episode here and there; then I started watching Dollhouse, loved it, and went back and started Buffy from the beginning. I have all 5 seasons of Angel, and all of FireFly waiting to be watched too.

Firefly is kick ass! so is Serenity (Movie for firefly)! I have the whole first season, and serenity they both are awesome!

I am currently working on a music video for Firefily, using the song "Bring me to life". Maybe once it is on youtube it will get enough views and people will buy the DVD and the people will be like "Hey we should make that tv show again" and the sales will start to pick up and they will make the video where they left off in the series :)

I have been drinking some so I'm not sure if this is grammatically correct.... :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.