HTML5, What do you know?

squiblo

I have just been reading a few things about the new HTML5 that is slowing being introduced. And HTML5 has a lot of big expectations to take over a lot of other languages.

What have you heard about this language?

What rumors have you heard?

What have you read about HTML5?

ETC....

Thanks.

It's not so much a secret. I like the video/audio tag support (actually a few videos I've seen in the wild, randomly that used it.). Firefox 3.5 does support a few specific tags for HTML 5 already.. Chrome likes to jump ahead too as well.

Well, I'm glad to see the palette and videos being able to be controlled by 'us', with JS. I hate flash sometimes, takes up too much of the processor..

It's not so much a secret. I like the video/audio

I played about with the video tag. Converted some vids to ogv format using ffmpeg2theora. Didn't work when I used the video tag. Just got a grey x in the video player. Gave up after a while. The majority of browsers don't support these tags anyway. Something to keep an eye on though. If you do have a video sharing site then its a good idea to get your videos converted into the supported format (ogv) for when the time is right to use them. At the moment you still need a fallback method i.e use flash video. So, a bit pointless at the moment.

Just to clarify, the HTML5 spec is actually mostly the work of the WHATWG, not the W3C. The W3C only started contributing to the HTML5 effort last year; the WHATWG has been working on HTML5 since 2004. (Originally, the W3C was against working on HTML5.)

Also, the HTML5 draft has been public the whole time, so this is not exactly the first public draft. :-) The term “first public working draft” comes from the W3C not normally doing things in public.

Processing.js is explicitly developed for browsers that support the HTML5 <Canvas> element. Processing.js runs in FireFox, Safari, Opera and Chrome but will not be supported in Internet Explorer until Mircosoft catch up with ISSUE 15.

love this statement.

buy the way grate stuff, i am not good enough, to learn html5 no way

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.