Best things to spend money on

tibberous

I generally spend my money (whether or not tax returns) on books (and the occasional training).

My current stack:

Design Patterns, Erich Gamma

Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, Martin Fowler

Applying UML and Patterns, Craig Larman

Domain-Driven Design, Eric Evans

PHP Pocket Reference, Rasmus Lerdorf

Expert PHP & MySQL, A. Curioso

Web Engineering, ICWSE Conference Spain

97 things every programmer should know, Kevlin Henney & Adrian Wible (with help from Robert C. Martin amongst others)

A few programming books I've admired, to be gotten at Amazon. Maybe a couple dozen pairs of lounge pants so I don't have to wash them so often. My computers already have enough thousands put into them, enough so the "latest foo-fah" won't be worth upgrading to for a few more years to come.

All I want right now is to go to somewhere fancy cheap and order pizza for dinner.

Call of spendallyourmoneyandplayforhundredsofhoursonendwithoutasinglebreaktoupgradeyourSPAS-12shotguntohaveared-dotsightwhichispointlesswhywouldashotgunneedonebutanywayyoucanget300AC-130swiththisneatcheatjustaddmeorsomethingandletmekillyou100timesinarowthenit'llgiveyouanukeoreventwonukesandyou'llgettheawardreallyfast Duty.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.