Object Oriented Programming board

I do not feel sad that beginners do not put more focus on OOP. I feel sad that they do not put enough focus on basics.

Hear hear.

I'm making my very own Forum software, I've just ran into a bit of a problem, why isn't this working properly...

echo '$name woz ere';

Well we have a number of boards suitable for OOP questions. If the issue is a problem with some code you've written, to weight up a few approaches for a specific task, etc. then the regular PHP Coding Help would seem a fine place to put it. If the question is a more general application design themed one, then we have a cunningly disguised forum called Application Design.  If the question is about OOP with a specific PHP framework then there is a forum for that as well; Application Frameworks (or Other Libraries and Frameworks if it is your own home-brewed goodness). If anything, there is too much choice for where to put your topic!

I do not feel sad that beginners do not put more focus on OOP. I feel sad that they do not put enough focus on basics.

Hear hear.

I'm making my very own Forum software, I've just ran into a bit of a problem, why isn't this working properly...

echo '$name woz ere';

Or more advanced basics like:

print sizeof('hello');//1

print (int) 'A';//0

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.