COD: Vietnam

NeverPool

Knowing the guys that make the COD games, this will be a good game.

Obviously you don't follow the industry too closely. MW2 was made by Infinity Ward headed up by West / Zampella. West / Zampella fell out with Activision over bonus payments and promptly left Infinity Ward and founded their own studio. Since then ~24 other 'top level' members of staff have followed suit with many of them now working for West / Zampella at the new studio. Now it's emerged that 38 members of the 'old' Infinity Ward team are suiing Activision of the bonus paymens (bare in mind that only 26 have left, meaning thats 12 people still at the company involved in the lawsuit). In an attempt to stop the ship from springing any more leaks Activision have promised to share the outstanding bonus between those whom remain with the firm, but analysts believe Infinity Ward will likely get closed down after the next map pack is released. Either way the main guys behind the last game will not be involved in the next.

Just to put it all into perspective about the bonuses, we're talking about tens of millions of dollars.

Either way the main guys behind the last game will not be involved in the next.

Plus the fact that they are on a version rotation with the studios.

I hope IW goes out for good, or at least learns a lesson. Everyone involved with it really fucked up (mainly aimed at the PR team). I won't buy the map pack, I think it's pretty ridiculous to pay more for a game that doesn't work or you're getting hacked a majority of the time. But, I'll buy the next one with hopes that it is better :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.