Well Done Spain

JonnoTheDev

But, we could still have won if the worthless ref caught that offside that preceded the Spanish goal

I cant believe that statement. Do you honestly think that the ref could have done a better job? Do you think that he should have sent off Nigel De Jong & Van Bommel? Because I tell you now, plenty of others would have done. What would the result have been if that would have happened?

There is no way that Iniesta was offside for the second pass that he scored from. The first pass from Fabregas he was in an offside position but the ball was intercepted therefore he was not intefering with play hence not offside, he moved back into an onside position and received the second pass, goal.

That was a difficult game for any referee. The players made it difficult. Howard Webb did a good job IMO. The better side won.

I agree.  Spain did a deserving job.  I was actually in Spain for vacation and got to watch the 2 of preceding games from the world cup there, Paraguy and Germany, and coming from an American, it was a great experience.  Complete insanity.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.