Well Done Spain

JonnoTheDev

Just a quick post to congratulate Spain on winning the World Cup. Well deserved.

On another note, the Dutch were a disgrace to football with wreckless tackles and were lucky to still have a full team on the pitch for so long. Shame after their previous performances. Well done Spain.

the Dutch were a disgrace to football with wreckless tackles and were lucky to still have a full team on the pitch for so long.

Second that! Bommel especially has been annoying me in almost every match Holland played. He's far too aggressive and clumsy, yet managed to escape getting sent off even once! He's got that ass-hole look about him though!

I didn't watch the game so can't really comment on the aggressive 'negative' football that Holland supposedly played. But I think throughout the tournament as a whole there were too many cards handed out for practically nothing. The pussies need to learn to try and stay on their feet, not just roll over 8 times in agony because somebody caught their toe slightly, only to jump up ready to take the free kick as soon as the ref blows the whistle.

I didn't watch the game so can't really comment on the aggressive 'negative' football that Holland supposedly played. But I think throughout the tournament as a whole there were too many cards handed out for practically nothing. The pussies need to learn to try and stay on their feet, not just roll over 8 times in agony because somebody caught their toe slightly, only to jump up ready to take the free kick as soon as the ref blows the whistle.

That there is the definition of soccer though.

A reason I have a huge dislike for the sport. I just enjoy getting caught up in the moments.

It's part of the game. There are rules as to what physical contact is allowed between players, and if you feel someone's violating these rules, you need to take advantage of this.

That there is the definition of soccer though.

You mean football ;)

A reason I have a huge dislike for the sport. I just enjoy getting caught up in the moments.

Try rugby.

Although Spain did a wonderful job, Germany had to win :)

Although Germany did have ~2 good games, the only the tactic they really had was getting goals on the counter-attack; they're awful at set pieces. Germany didn't deserve to win it to be fair.

It's part of the game. There are rules as to what physical contact is allowed between players, and if you feel someone's violating these rules, you need to take advantage of this.

If that's the case, how come it has only really become prevalent in the last 10 or so years. There was none of this shirt pulling, diving, pretending to be punched in the face shit back in the 'glory days'. If somebody violates the rules it's down to the referee to decide, not some overpaid nancy boy that likes to play act.

If that's the case, how come it has only really become prevalent in the last 10 or so years. There was none of this shirt pulling, diving, pretending to be punched in the face shit back in the 'glory days'. If somebody violates the rules it's down to the referee to decide, not some overpaid nancy boy that likes to play act.

Money.

Money.

& Foreigners.

Remember when Klinsman went to Tottenham. OMG that was the start of the Superman acting.

Why is it a nutters game?

Because you bounce the ball like basketball, you tackle like rugby, and you kick it like football, and the pitch is an oval.  Its like some wierd hybrid sport. The goal refs also do this wierd thing with their arms when you kick a goal LOL. oh, and they also kick seven bells out of each other

Its just not so popular outside of Australia.

Fights in AFL are rare. Mainly because they'll end up with a 12 week match ban or something ridiculous. It has become a lot softer then what it was.

It's a great sport though, very fast paced, explosive. Great to watch. It's a pitty it's not very popular world-wide, then us Aussies might actually beat people at something. :D

On another note, the Dutch were a disgrace to football with wreckless tackles and were lucky to still have a full team on the pitch for so long. Shame after their previous performances. Well done Spain.

Meh. It's not like the previous games were that much fun to watch. Call me picky, but next cup I'd like to see them get far AND play entertaining football. Some people argue that winning is the most important thing. Maybe for the players, but not for me watching the game. I'd rather watch a good game where we lose than two poor games where we win.

But, we could still have won if the worthless ref caught that offside that preceded the Spanish goal. The arbitrage really, really sucked this cup.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.