Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gerkintrigg

PHP on a CD

Hi!

I'd like to produce an interactive CD ROM with links to a website I'm making. The website I'd like to use will have PHP/MySQL functionality, but I'd like to use this offline. Therefore I'll need to have all the data on the CD. My question is this:
How do I get a PHP engine with MYSQL ability to run from a CD without running an install programme?

Is there some freeware / open source software that I might look at?

Cheers.
Neil

[quote]Is there some freeware / open source software that I might look at?[/quote]

If you know anything about Linux you could quite easily build a custom LiveCD to do this. fair bit of work involved, but possible.

oh... well I don't really know much about Linux - I had a play with shells a few months back, but never really got into it

Someone the other day asked something like this before. there was a reply which posted a link to a site that, or mentioned about a package you can add to a USB flash drive and you could run your PHP scripts of off the usb drive without installing anythink. Prehaps this could be used on a CD. I'll se if I can find that thread.

EDIT:
Found that thread [url=http://www.firepages.com.au/php_usb.htm]this is the site[/url] I was on about.

This question does come up from time to time. Maybe I'll look into starting a small project on it in the future. Ive made a few custom Linux LiveCD's in the past.

thorpe, I think what he wants is to run it on an installed operating system, not booting into it.

[quote]thorpe, I think what he wants is to run it on an installed operating system, not booting into it[/quote]

Yeah.. I guess he might aswell. Not sure how would go about that. It would be quit easy however to build a Linux system that would boot straight into a full screen browser.

[quote author=thorpe link=topic=109411.msg441021#msg441021 date=1159199453]
It would be quit easy however to build a Linux system that would boot straight into a full screen browser.
[/quote]

nice idea

look http://www.server2go-web.de/index.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.