idname

file

info

14qwerty

bat.zip

blah

when i run the query

SELECT * FROM `obarep` WHERE FILE LIKE 'bat.zip'

it runs ok but no result is returned. if i use "not like" i get a result.

im assuming the . in bat.zip is causing the problems but i dont no were to go from here. i need the file name in the database.

bat.zip will be a $var when its working but the $var didnt work so i used a fixed term just to get it working.

i tried = 'bat.zip' at first as i want an exact match.

i then tried 'like' and a few variations but it still would not work. i even tried like 'b' and other single letters and still nothing.

i could only get a result using 'not like'

How did the data value get inserted into your table? You likely have a new-line (cr/lf) or a null byte (zero) or even a space stored as part of the data.

You will need to find out what is causing the value in your column to not match the expected value you are using in your query.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.