Opinions on Sass

JasonLewis

Sass, it's goal is to make writing CSS less painful. Quickly looking over some docs and reading a bit about it it surely seems to sell itself well. The idea of using variables inside CSS is great, and then mixins (like functions) is even better. It all sounds pretty awesome, but then in the back of my brain there is a little voice saying "oh but that's not the way it's being done in normal CSS". Eh, I don't really know... It seems like a great idea and many people are using things like Sass I believe.

What are your thoughts? Anyone using or have used it before? :)

I've been using Sass and Haml on a project I'm working on in rails and love them both.

Sass really is just the missing parts of CSS. Ive used LESS a few times as well, mutch the same thing.

I wouldn't feel too badly about it. Whatever can save you some work, it gets compiled down to everyday css before being served anyway.

I wouldn't feel too badly about it. Whatever can save you some work, it gets compiled down to everyday css before being served anyway.

True, but how good is the compiled CSS? I've looked at a few pages that use Sass and it looks okay (the compiled CSS that is).

@ignace: Does LESS compile pretty smoothly? And is installing it easy? You need node.js first, right?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.