#1 extrovertive

extrovertive
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Student Suspended Over Suspected Use of PHP

Topeka, KS - High school sophomore Brett Tyson was suspended today after teachers learned he may be using PHP.

"A teacher overheard him say that he was using PHP, and as part of our Zero-Tolerance policy against drug use, he was immediately suspended. No questions asked," said Principal Clyde Thurlow. "We're not quite sure what PHP is, but we suspect it may be a derivative of PCP, or maybe a new designer drug like GHB."
Parents are frightened by the discovery of this new menace in their children's school, and are demanding the school do something. "We heard that he found out about PHP at school on the internet. There may even be a PHP web ring operating on school grounds," said irate parent Carol Blessing. "School is supposed to be teaching our kids how to read and write. Not about dangerous drugs like PHP."

In response to parental demands the school has reconfigured its internet WatchDog software to block access to all internet sites mentioning PHP. Officials say this should prevent any other students from falling prey like Brett Tyson did. They have also stepped up locker searches and brought in drug sniffing dogs.

Interviews with students suggested that PHP use is wide spread around the school, but is particularly concentrated in the geeky nerd population. When contacted by BBspot.com, Brett Tyson said, "I don't know what the hell is going on dude, but this suspension gives me more time for fraggin'. Yee haw!"

PHP is a hypertext preprocessor, which sounds very dangerous. It is believed that many users started by using Perl and moved on to the more powerful PHP. For more information on how to recognize if your child may be using PHP visit php.net.

#2 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

Is this for real or is it a joke article?

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

obviously it is a joke article.  I mean come on, even if the first part were real, by the time you get to this part: "the school has reconfigured its internet WatchDog software to block access to all internet sites mentioning PHP." One would think that the person in charge of implementing it would explain how retarded they are being.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

that's awesome! whoever came up with that is pretty clever. is it original with you, extrovertive?
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#5 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

I've seen this before. Cant remeber where though, I think I either got of off digg.com or forgetfoo.com

However if this is true the school is pretty lame! The IT guys at the school should surely know what PHP is.

#6 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

I saw it on forgetfoo... do you visit that often, wildteen?

Info: PHP Manual

#7 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:47 PM

I used to go there quiote often. But I dont visit forgetfoo that often now.

#8 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

it's from BBSpot.com, but it says in the article:

When contacted by BBspot.com, Brett Tyson said

pretty funny :)
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#9 Nitroware

Nitroware
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:07 PM

That is really funny!  I was laughing the whole time.  I am just thinking about how retarded the people at the school are.

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

I'm an avid player of runescape classic private servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users