3d z-index layers...

freelance84

aaah I guess chrome doesn't have it.  I did find it in FireFox...pretty cool

+1 for Chrome here, and you can get addons with Chrome, and the developer console (Ctrl+Shift+J) is pretty much the same as firebug from where I'm standing. IE sucks donkey boll0ks but google have developed a plug-in called chrome frame, it's a 1 click install, activated via a meta tag and identified via the user agent string

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1" > 

Simple as that, rounded corners, proper opacity and V8 engine in IE.

Meh... i can't really spot the differences between Chrome and Firefox.. sometimes I'll make some complex javascript animation and it will might run a little smoother in Chrome, but then i try the same animation on a different size screen and it seems smoother in Firefox... half a dozen of one a 6 of the other in my eyes...

Chrome is google's and they already rule the roost on a lot of the WWW thats why I prefer to use Firefox. We've seen already what happens when one company pretty much has a complete monopoly... not to say that IE isn't absolutely amazing of course.. :thumb-up:

I've always wondered what addons people use that tie them to a browser.  I've never really used anything beyond a few web-dev addons which have mostly been replaced by the browser's dev consoles these days.

Ever since my last format I've been using chrome pretty much exclusively.  I still have firefox around for the occasional testing but only pull it up once a week or so (less still with ie).

That new 3d view feature is kind of nifty though. Gives a good picture of how the site is put together.

Currently, I have:

Adblock Plus

BetterPrivacy

Cookies Manager

DOM Inspector

DownloadHelper

Execute JS

Extended Statusbar

FasterFox

Firebug

Firecookie

Ghostery

Greasemonkey

HackBar

Image Zoom

Live HTTP Headers

NoScript

Regular Expressions Tester

Stylish

Tab Mix Plus

Tamper Data

User Agent Switcher

Web Developer Toolbar

YSlow

I could probably live without a few, but I use the majority quite a bit. I haven't really looked if there are Chrome equivalents because I honestly don't care that much.

Also, the chrome version of the web developer addon isn't as robust as FF's

You just don't know how to use it right. I know, because I've watched you use it :P

no i'm talking about the actual web developer addon, not the built-in web developer tools stuff.

But yes I do readily admit I'm not pro at the built-in chrome developer tools quite yet...It wasn't all *that* long ago since I finally gave in to you bugging me about using chrome more!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.