Overriding styles in CSS...

Jim R

Using Firebug to find the style of a certain part of my WordPress theme, it shows the file as my URL http://hoosierhoopsreport.com with a #3 after it and a line number.  Where do I find that?  I see that a lot actually in various themes.  I search all the files and can never the appropriate code.

I need to change the body background, and using the override method isn't working. 

body[style]= #000099 !important;

I've also tried it with the semi-colon after the hex code.

If it has a filename with a number, it means the styling is on that page and not the stylesheet called in the head.  Since WP is a compilation of various .php files you'll have to narrow it down by what the <style>  is styling.

But body[style] = #000099 isn't correct CSS syntax.

body{

background-color: #000099;

}

If it has a filename with a number, it means the styling is on that page and not the stylesheet called in the head.  Since WP is a compilation of various .php files you'll have to narrow it down by what the <style>  is styling.

But body[style] = #000099 isn't correct CSS syntax.

body{

background-color: #000099;

}

That didn't work because it's being overridden by the http://hoosierhoopsreport.com #3 line 31 style.  There is no such line of code that even matches the style.  It wasn't a file name.

@jesirose, same thing...regular styling for body wasn't working, as it was overridden by the above. 

I was able to drill down to the div ID, and that worked.  I'm surprised, but it works. 

What is the exact URL you see for the page the style comes from?

Firebug is not always 100% on these things in my experience.

When you view the source, what files are being included for styles?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.