need to know something about how to make this application please urgent

hello guys

I need little help bro,

I want to make application in which i want this

look,

I am from a company where we have over 12 companies license and all are those is renew after every year.

so i want to make a application which will inform us 1 month before expireing their license.

Mean if any company license is expire on 12 June, our application give us notification on 12 May.

Could you please help me how can I do this?

Thanks and regards

And then send out an email when the license is about to expire.

What code have you written so far?

PHP is mainly used to run server side scripts when a page is requested.

Are you sure PHP is what you want to use for this?

we just want to store the company name, description, contract type, contract date and expiry date,

and i want when 1 month is lefted to renew the contract, this application should email us or give a warning mesage where we want. like if we want in email, this application should send us email regarding the warning.

hope you understand now and at this time i still not start coding, i want if some one already have this please give me advice or share with me if possible.

thanks and regards

heh.

What you will want to do is set up a script that pulls all the records out of the database that will expire within one month of today. Check to see if a notification mail has already been sent (you will need to add a new column to your database to mark this). If it hasn't, then send out the required emails, and mark that the notifications have been sent.

Then, set up a cron tab to execute your script every day at a certain time. Cron tabs run on the server at set intervals, without any interaction from a user.

Setting the marker I mentioned in the first part will mean that if any mails don't get sent for some reason, they will get picked up on a future cron run. Without that, if you only grabbed the records that were to expire in a month, and your script failed for some reason, the notifications that were not sent would never be sent.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.