No bbcode tags only working on edit.

Hmmm. It did strip them out on me. That's never happened to me before, but I have a theory.

One more time:

. . . 

<--- here,

and again with no ellipsis:

<--- here

Then with just a plain empty pair of code tags:

<--- here

And an empty pair of nobbc tags: [nobbc][/nobbc] <--- here

The last post was just fine, but one more time, so I can go back and try an edit.

Here goes:

. . . 

<--- here,

and again with no ellipsis:  <--- here

Then with just a plain empty pair of code tags:  <--- here

And an empty pair of nobbc tags:  <--- here

OK, here is what seems to be happening: My first post, I had an extra [ in the middle of the code tags. When I removed it and resaved the post, the now empty [nobbc]

[/nobbc] tags were stripped out.

The second post, I did not edit at all, and all the tags remained intact. Then I copied and pasted the second post's bode into the third and posted it. It worked fine, but when I went back into it and edited it, the sets of tags that were empty were stripped. Not sure if the editor is doing it, or a the bbcode processing is doing it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.