Lists. br or li

Samuz

Okay all I need to do is create a simple list, something like..

hi

bye

go

come

I was wondering what the best practice would be for this.

I mean doing something like this below is fairly straight forward

hi
<br/>
bye
<br/>
go
<br/>
come

But doing it the 'proper' semantic way requires more effort, such as styling and what.

e.g

<ul>
<li>hi</li>
<li>bye</li>
etc..
</ul>

and thats not including the css.

What would you guys say?

"Proper" way or quicker?

Because it has an answer?  :confused:

The only alternative to doing it proper is not doing it at all.  It's people who take shortcuts and throw code against the wall because "it works" that makes the internet ugly.

That's why I took the route of posting it on these forums to get a broader opinion before implementing it.

But obviously you didn't come here to share your input.

Troll elsewhere yo.

FTR, I agree 100% with Mahngiel. This question is like asking "Should I buckle my seatbelt all the time or only when a cop is watching?". Do things the right way. You know there's a right way. If you're not doing it the right way, it's only going to cause problems.

You've come to a web development and design forums to ask the question, "should I do this properly?".  What the hell do you expect people to say? It's on par with going to a mechanic and asking if you should fuel your car or not because you live on top of a hill and you can just push your car to get going. 

If you cannot grasp the sarcastic intent of my replies to mean "yes, this is the only way to do things" then you need to get yourself in check.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.