PHP a "fractal of bad design"? Hardly

ManiacDan

Well PHP is not a fully object-oriented programming language, which is a huge drawback. On the other hand, Ruby is quite difficult to learn, definitely not recommended for the vast number of beginner coders. I do believe there is a good reason why PHP is more popular than the other two though. I am not quite familiar with Python though, anyone mind explaining?

At this point, I'm just going to go ahead and confirm that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Well PHP is not a fully object-oriented programming language, which is a huge drawback.
Why?  Go ahead, tell us why the ability to program with or without objects is a drawback, instead of a feature.  My car isn't fully a forward-moving car, it has reverse.  major drawback?

This analogy made my head explode :(

It was supposed to.  I cannot understand why "it has the ability to do something else in addition to what I think is the most important thing" could possibly be a drawback. 

Well, a car without reverse is at a severe disadvantage to one that has it. It wouldn't compete in a market with both

A programming language without procedural syntax can be just as functional as one that does.

A better analogy would be something that has multiple ways to accomplish the same thing, rather than one :)

Could you imagine parking lots?!

Everyone would have to park in single rows instead of doubles. Which would actually probably improve parking lots. I had a guy actually back his car into me while I was putting my baby in his carseat the other day.

My point exactly.

We're very multicultural here, and a lot of people who immigrate comes from cities where driving is both scary and limited. The government pretty much hands them licenses, and their grand kids convince them to buy Escalades and Navigators (they want to drive them too). Needless to say, seniors on the road is worrisome if theyre NOT in giant SUVs

It's pretty funny though. The grand kids throw 28" wheels on them so you see 80 year olds in blinged-up Caddys :P

Well PHP is not a fully object-oriented programming language, which is a huge drawback.
Why?  Go ahead, tell us why the ability to program with or without objects is a drawback, instead of a feature.  My car isn't fully a forward-moving car, it has reverse.  major drawback?

Bad analogy my friend, a car without reverse-moving mechanism is a huge drawback, while a programing language that prohibits procedural programming is an improvement of standard and quality. Let's think about a University that used to accept only high school seniors with great academic performance and excellent extracurricular activities, but now also takes in kids with poor intelligence and lots of extra issues like drug-usage. Of course the school increases its 'diversity' on campus and is apparently earning more money. Would you call this an improvement, from quality point of view?

while a programing language that prohibits procedural programming is an improvement of standard and quality.

Why?

Like always, you assert that OOP is inherently better than procedural, but never actually explain why.  So why is procedural defective compared to OOP?  What is its critical, innate weakness?

Bad analogy my friend, a car without reverse-moving mechanism is a huge drawback, while a programing language that prohibits procedural programming is an improvement of standard and quality. Let's think about a University that used to accept only high school seniors with great academic performance and excellent extracurricular activities, but now also takes in kids with poor intelligence and lots of extra issues like drug-usage.
So a vehicle with two modes of operation is a bad analogy when compared to a language with two modes of operation, but a college which lets in drug using dropouts is an alright analogy?

As many people have asked you before:  Justify your abject hatred of procedural code.  Why are perl, bash, and PHP inherently inferior to languages in which you cannot slap together a quick script?

Bad analogy my friend, a car without reverse-moving mechanism is a huge drawback, while a programing language that prohibits procedural programming is an improvement of standard and quality. Let's think about a University that used to accept only high school seniors with great academic performance and excellent extracurricular activities, but now also takes in kids with poor intelligence and lots of extra issues like drug-usage. Of course the school increases its 'diversity' on campus and is apparently earning more money. Would you call this an improvement, from quality point of view?

You open with claiming his analogy is bad, and then you finish with one equally terrible.

Avoid analogies when debating. They're generally inaccurate, and serve to make you look like you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Hall of Famer, your claims without any sort of reasoning behind them are starting to look like trolling.

Let's think about a University that used to accept only high school seniors with great academic performance and excellent extracurricular activities, but now also takes in kids with poor intelligence and lots of extra issues like drug-usage. Of course the school increases its 'diversity' on campus and is apparently earning more money. Would you call this an improvement, from quality point of view?

Of course, now more kids are eligible to receive a higher education. Where is the con here?

Why?  Go ahead, tell us why the ability to program with or without objects is a drawback, instead of a feature.

You still haven't answered this yet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.