College Project Help

Kev_in_G

This is most likely a fairly simple problem, but I'm new and definitely not the best programmer and I could use some of the experience you all have on this forum. Basically I need to make an application that quotes the user on how much their catering order will be based on their selections and the number of people that will be "attending".

Right now I have all the html pages, but I have trouble understanding how exactly to link them all together and keep track of all the information needed. I will present my project, and then ask my specific questions at the end.

On the first page, the user inputs the number of attendants, and selects with radio buttons whether it will be a cocktail party or a full event. When submitted, the user will be taken to another page, either for the cocktail or full event. They then make some selections on the appropriate page, submit the info, and get moved to the bar options page. when that is completed the user goes to the final quote page where they will be quoted with the prices from each individual page, and it will be totaled and presented to the user.

Also, at any point, the user needs to be able to cancel their order ad be taken back to the first page.

My questions as of right now are how I link the pages while still evaluating everything in php? Like I said I’m not the best programmer and don’t have the best professor.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by PFMaBiSmAd
removed the tiny font from where you copy/pasted this

I'm having trouble with understanding exactly how this is going to work. I have the html done, but php and I don't get along.

my main questions right now are:

Where am I putting the php code?

how can i get the submit button to process the data entered and choices made, but also navigate to another page?

If your class hasn't even taught you these basics, you should either demand your money back, or accept the fact that you didn't pay attention in class and go read some basic tutorials.

Or ask your teacher/TA for help. We don't do homework here.

PHP goes in .php files. If you haven't even started on any php files there's not much we can do for help. If this wasn't a school assignment, anyway.

In your form, point to your php file in the 'action' paramater.

header() is what redirects inside a php file.

Jessica's right though, you need to go read some basic tutorials before you dive in head first.

I had a useless professor in college too, so I can empathize. PHP is an easy language to teach yourself though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.