Please help - duplicated rows

karimali831

Hi all,

This is a rare occurrence I get duplicated rows but it can happen for some reason which leads to big problems.

Not sure how they are duplicating so I would rather just get the other row(s) deleted.

cupID and matchno columns should be always be unique, when I set this in phpmyadmin it will be return as there is a duplicate.

So I am looking for a script to delete duplicates then I can set as unique.

Here is example: the row(s) to be deleted is the latest, so the row not to be deleted is the first insert.

helppr.png

Anyone help me with this please?

Many thanks.

So you want to keep the rows with the earliest "date" field? How about

DELETE FROM table AS t1
JOIN (
SELECT cupID, matchno, MIN(date) AS mindate
FROM table
GROUP BY cupID, matchno
HAVING COUNT(1) > 1
) AS t2 ON t1.cupID = t2.cupID AND t1.matchno = t2.matchno AND t1.date > t2.mindate

But you really, really should figure out where the duplicates are coming from. It's a problem. Problems are bad.

Thanks both,

One of the ways it inserts is this code:-

$clans=safe_query("SELECT clanID FROM ".PREFIX."cup_clans WHERE cupID='$cupID' && checkin='1'");
while($dv=mysql_fetch_array($clans)) {
if($n < 1)
$n=1;
$clan[$n] = $dv['clanID'];
$n++;
}
$count = count($clan);

while($count < $max){
$count++;
$clan[$count] = 2147483647;
}

shuffle($clan);

$i2=0;
for ($i = 1; $i <= $max; $i++) {
if($clan[$i2] || $clan[$i2+1])
safe_query("INSERT INTO ".PREFIX."cup_matches (cupID, ladID, matchno, date, clan1, clan2, score1, score2, server, hltv, report, comment, type) VALUES ('$cupID', '0', '$i', '".time()."', '".$clan[$i2]."', '".$clan[$i2+1]."', '', '', '', '', '', '2', 'cup')");
$i2 += 2;
}

And when I try running the below query I receive #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS t1 JOIN ( SELECT cupID, matchno, MIN(date) AS mindate FROM ws' at line 1

I can't understand this query sorry.

DELETE FROM ws_B3T_cup_matches AS t1

JOIN (

SELECT cupID, matchno, MIN(date) AS mindate

FROM ws_B3T_cup_matches

GROUP BY cupID, matchno

HAVING COUNT(1) > 1

) AS t2 ON t1.cupID = t2.cupID AND t1.matchno = t2.matchno AND t1.date > t2.mindate

Edited by karimali831

I have question, I noticed it duplicates if you submit post by clicking the button twice.

How can I prevent this?

For starters, disable the submit button when the form is submitted. Then, in your processing script, check for cupid and matchno before you insert. Also, set up a UNIQUE index on those columns in your database. You will then be dup-proof :happy-04:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.