Need help creating a table in MySQL using PHP with existing database already made

BenAlcock

I have a database already created in MySQL called "accounts" and im trying to insert a new table called "test". I am using XAMPP Control Panel: v3.1.0.3.1.0, XAMPP: v1.8.1 [php: 5.4.7] and MySQL: v5.5.27. I am very new to PHP (only been learning for a few days). I would appreciate any attempts of trying to help me.

- Ben

<?php

$accounts = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "qazwsxedc")

or die (mysql_error());

mysql_select_db("accounts",$accounts);

$sql = "CREATE TABLE test

(

ID int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

PRIMARY KEY(ID),

Username varchar(20),

Password varchar(20),

First name varchar(20),

Last name varchar(20)

)";

mysql_query($sql, $accounts);

?>

I am also new to .php but i am fairly confident your database name wouldn't just be called accounts it would be "yourdomai'_accounts (i purposely missed the "n" on domain because the last letter of your domain name wont be included in the DB name

Uhm, please don't give advice when you literally have no idea what you're talking about. What you're describing sounds like a setup from a specific hosting company. OP is using XAMPP for localhost development.

Debug the call to mysql_query() and determine if it is in fact returning a resource:

mysql_query($sql, $accounts) or die("Mysql Error: " . mysql_error());

Also make sure that error_reporting() is set to E_ALL or -1 and display_errors() is ON

Uhm, please don't give advice when you literally have no idea what you're talking about. What you're describing sounds like a setup from a specific hosting company. OP is using XAMPP for localhost development.

Wow, sorry i will keep my mouth shut next time. Reason i said what i said is because i had a mySQL problem a while ago and it was due to DB name being incorrect even though my CP said it was correct

Edited by clarky0

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.