galaxy tab or ipad?

coderhut

The only convenience and iPad will give you for web development testing is the fact that it has Safari on it.  If you get a regular Android tablet, you have several options for browsers to use, including Safari.  Then again, you can do the same with an iPad.. download chrome, firefox, whatever.  

The one thing that you will not get with an iPad is the ability to use Internet Explorer.

IMO, and android tablet is the most economical choice as well as the most versatile.  If you didn't know by now, Apple prides itself in proprietary software and hardware, so unless you plan to cater to Apple only visitors, go with the Samsung.

My question now is that if I will test any website on samsung glaxy safari browser, will it work same on ipad safari too? I know there is resolution difference but is it only difference or there are some more?

No. They're built with completely different SDKs, there's bound to be various bugs and differences between the two. It will give you a decent idea though, and you can always ask in the Beta testing board for people with iOS devices to give it a test for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.