Fetching last characters after "=" sign

Go to solution Solved by .josh,

One thread for a question. Just one thread. Don't need to post three of them in different forums.

So you're in the index.php script and want to get the "new" from the URL? $_GET

echo $_GET["site"];
If you're not sure the "site=next" is even present in the URL, which it might not be, then use isset to check if it is before you try to use it.

if (isset($_GET["site"])) {
	$site = $_GET["site"];
	// ...
} else {
	// wasn't given
}

One thread for a question. Just one thread. Don't need to post three of them in different forums.

So you're in the index.php script and want to get the "new" from the URL? $_GET

echo $_GET["site"];
If you're not sure the "site=next" is even present in the URL, which it might not be, then use isset to check if it is before you try to use it.

if (isset($_GET["site"])) {
	$site = $_GET["site"];
	// ...
} else {
	// wasn't given
}

No no, actually, http://www.abc.com/index.php?site=new ... is a single string, i want to explode this... I want to devide this in two parts... breaking through "=" sign

Or, if you ONLY need the text after the equal sign and don't need the part before, you can use strpos() and substr()

$value = substr($input, strpos($input, '='));

Although, you could also just use strrchr(), but that would include the equal sign in the result and require another step as well.

this includes "=" sign, which i don't want

anyway many thanks for your answer

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.