Email form in PHP

sigmahokies

Hi everyone

Happy Holiday to everyone!!!

I am trying to create the form contact in PHP. I created form contact in html, But next page - I'm not sure it is right script in PHP to send email to my gmail account. I asked the hosting company to see if their server can send email to my gmail account, they said yes, should be.

So, I create script in PHP, I don't know if it is right script, i hope you will find something missing in this script. I followed exactly from website, I tested to send then I checked my gmail account, this email has not sent. Can you help?

Here my script:

<?phpif (isset($_POST['submitted'])) {$name = $_POST['name'];$email = $_POST['email'];$select = $_POST['select'];$text = $_POST['text'];} $to = "xxxxxxx@gmail.com";$subject = "ASL class";$message = "Message is from ".$name.".\n The type class is ".$select.".\n The message said: ".$text; mail($to,$subject,$message); echo "<p>Sent! Thank you for fill an E-mail form</p>";?>

Thank you in advanced,

Gary

Having you tried adding a From header? More information can be found under the "additional_headers" option here:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

See the second note under that section.

Also, is PHP set to show all errors and warnings? To do so, you could add the following to the top of your script during the debugging process:

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
?>
Edited by cyberRobot

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.