6 replies to this topic

#1 gizmola

gizmola
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA USA

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

Our resident SQL guru Barry "Barand" Andrews, who recently surpassed the 1k "like" mark -- a first for any member of phpfreaks.

The "like" mechanism is a relatively recent addition to the site, making it that much more impressive.

Phpfreaks has always been a 100% volunteer effort. People like Barand are what makes this site the amazing place it is, and they do so to help others learn and achieve their goals.

A number of our members have been visiting the site on a weekly basis for over a decade. Barry is one of those incredible people, and I feel proud to be associated with the site thanks to regulars like Barry who have kept the community alive through its many ups and downs over the years.

I hope you'll join me in congratulating Barry on this milestone, and in thanking him for sharing his expertise with so many people over the years.

#2 cyberRobot

cyberRobot
  • Moderators
  • Much to Learn
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

With the effort he puts into his responses and the depth of knowledge he shows on a regular basis, I'm somewhat surprised he only has 1000. Congrats Barand!

#3 kicken

kicken
  • Gurus
  • Wiser? Not exactly.
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationBonita, FL

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

I'm somewhat surprised he only has 1000.

Agreed, I thought he'd be well over that mark already. Congrats Barand, every one is well deserved.
Recycle your old CD's, don't trash them!
Did I help you out? Feeling generous? I accept tips via Bitcoin @ 14mDxaob8Jgdg52scDbvf3uaeR61tB2yC7

#4 Psycho

Psycho
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,593 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

What happens if I go back to pages I "liked" for him previously and remove the like?  >:)

The quality of the responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked.

I do not always test the code I provide, so there may be some syntax errors. In 99% of all cases I found the solution to your problem here: http://www.php.net

#5 Zane

Zane
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMurphy, NC

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:50 PM

Go Barand!  Your SQL kung fu has always amazed me, motivated me, and also intimidated me :P  I've actually "liked" several of your posts as well.

btn_donate_SM.gif Want to thank me? Contribute to my PayPal piggy-bank

172938.png

#6 ignace

ignace
  • Moderators
  • Now mod flavored
  • 6,392 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

Cheers!

#7 ajoo

ajoo