PHP code formatter needed

scottybowl

Hi,

I've recently gone back to an old project which has about 300 files, unfortunately for me, I didn't back up the files and they got lost along the way so I had to download them off the server. The problem is that all the files have had the formatting removed.

Basically, I need a program which will go through all the files and automatically format the PHP and HTML contained within them so that I can read the code!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've got to make the changes by monday so need to get them formatted ASAP. I've found a few formatters but none of them also format the HTML code.

A PHP script would also do the job..

The php help forum is for asking for help when you get stuck writing your own code.  For now, I'm moving this to the misc. forum as it seems like you are hoping there is some 3rd party script out there someone might be able to recommend for you.  However, if you are looking for someone to write the code for you, you might try making a post in the freelance forum (please read the guidelines before posting).

i'm using dreamweaver 8, it was originally written in ultraedit. The code has been put onto one long line with all the formatting  removed - I've had to to resort to manually putting the formatting back in, not much fun when scripts turn out to be over 800 lines long each :|

[quote author=KingPhilip link=topic=118889.msg486816#msg486816 date=1166389419]
Also, on htmlkit (the editor I use) there is an extension that cleans up and indents all coding :)
[/quote]

I remember having used htmlkit before... It doesn't have support for heredoc, right? Well I don't know about know...

[quote author=KingPhilip link=topic=118889.msg486816#msg486816 date=1166389419]
Also, on htmlkit (the editor I use) there is an extension that cleans up and indents all coding :)
[/quote]I didn't know things like that existed! I was going to suggest you "roll your own", I had a bunch of sed files all lined up in my head to take care of that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.