Code Modification Required

CWT
Go to solution Solved by CWT,

I use a RAD called PHPRunner to build Database Applications.

One of the snippets of code I use a lot is to insert a Field Value from a Master Table into an equivalent Field in a Child Table as a "Before Add Event", is as follows: - 

global $dal;

$tblDetail = $dal->Table("tblUserRequests");

$tblDetail->Value["ID"] = $data["ID"];

$tblDetail->Param["ID"] = $data["ID"];

$tblDetail->Update();

unset($data["ID"]);

What I would like is help from someone to modify this code so that I can insert 2 or more Field Values in the same operation. So as well as inserting the Value "ID" into the Child Table I can also insert the Value "client". 

Many thanks for reading.

Carl. 

I think you would need to modify the Update function to achieve your wish.  What you are showing us is the setup steps only.  The Update function would need a change to accept a new parameter and a change to the query that gets run by Update to accomodate a new setup field.

Have at it!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.