Need help with multiple submit buttons

TheWebExpert

I really need this particular form to have two separate submit buttons.  I have a listbox, on which I've selected the item in question.  With button1, I want to simply "check" or "uncheck" a box, and then redisplay the list.  With the other, I want to do other editing.  However, no matter how I do it (either same name, different values) or (different name, different values), I'm not seeing the buttons at all.

<form action = "processedit.php" method = "post" style = "z-index: 1; width: 898px; height: 232px; position: absolute; top: 30px; left: -1px">
        <input type = "image" name = "sbutton" alt = "Submit" value = "Select"   id = "zz" ...
        <input type = "image" name = "abutton" alt = "Submit" value = "Activate" id = "qq" ...
        <input type = 'hidden' name = 'uname'  id = 'uname'  value = '<? echo $uname; ?>'/>
        <select name = "books" class = "auto-style1" value = '' size = "40" style = "width: 543px; height: 203px; z-index: 1; position: absolute; top: 11px; left: 15px">

if (isset($_POST['abutton'])) $func = $_POST['abutton'];
if (isset($_POST['sbutton'])) $func = $_POST['sbutton'];

By the way, if you ever want a submit button with a value that's separate from the label - or want a button that is more than just text - then <button> exists to help you out:

<button type = "submit" name = "btnSub" value = "something"   id = "zz">Select</button>

where the btnSub value in $_POST will be "something".