How hard would it be to move it to php8

Nolan81

Your teacher is going to grade you on the quality of someone else's library? What?

It doesn't look old. It's not like PHP 8 introduced some incredibly obvious and immensely helpful features that everybody had to stop what they were doing and migrate to using. Like, unless I were to look over it with a fine-toothed comb, I don't think I could tell you whether it was written for PHP 5 or PHP 8.

But no, there aren't really any tools to do what you want automatically. Not that I know of. But the project isn't that large - it should only take, like maybe, 15 minutes if you wanted to "spruce it up" or something.

One thing to watch for is the stricter variable typing in version 8.

Whereas in earlier versions this would work (the empty string being treated as "0") ...

$a = 5;
$b = '';
echo $a + $b;

in version 8 it throws an error

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: int + string in .....

rector is what chatgpt proposed too.

17 hours ago, requinix said:

Like, unless I were to look over it with a fine-toothed comb, I don't think I could tell you whether it was written for PHP 5 or PHP 8

missing types of the arguments, properties is obvious sign. or code like : = array()

I looked at the code, and it's fine.  As others said, I'm not sure why it matters, if you are planning to use this as the basis for a project of your own, unless you are planning to try and pass the code off as something you wrote yourself.