Unusual error

Paul-D

I have had majour problems with my easyspace website. I beleive the servers were not updating over the weekend. I am now told that the reason for the error is on a line that should not be reached. I put a hello world and an exit at the verry top of the code.

Can soneone tell me what is wrong with line 183 please [<?php if($MM > '10') {?>]

After I spoke to them this morning the page says

Parse error: Unclosed '{' on line 183 in /vhost/d/e/s/desmond-otoole.co.uk/www/bank2/DataInput.php on line 236

But there is no line 236.

Test.txt

Edited by Paul-D

A good way of thinking (in the coding world) is to leave a space between things to avoid any confusion as to where the previous 'thing' ends and the next 'thing' begins. So joining the php start tag and brace (<?php}) presents some confusion which you can avoid by using a simple space char

Well I have done exactly as you sugest but this is still not happy. The problem is around a <select> </select> on lines 111 to 123

Error: Parse error: Unclosed '{' on line 122 in /vhost/d/e/s/desmond-otoole.co.uk/www/bank2/StatementEntry.php on line 191. I can not see any issues as there is definatly spaces here. There is .htaccess with the lines

php_flag display_startup_errors on
php_flag display_errors on
php_flag html_errors on

phpTest.txt

That didn/t work it gave me another error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token "?" in /vhost/d/e/s/desmond-otoole.co.uk/www/bank2/StatementEntry.php on line 113

Probably because the ending bracket was moved away from the ?

SELECTED <?php }? >

P.S. Your main problem is the spaghetti coding style you are using, continually moving in and out of php within the html. Try keeping them as separate as possible with php first then the html section.

So something like...

<?php

function yearEntryOptions($current)
    {
        $CurrentMonth = date('n');
        $opts = '';

for ($i = -1; $i <= 1; $i++)   {
            $y = date('Y') + $i;
            $sel = $current == $y ? 'selected' : '';
            $dis = ($CurrentMonth != 1 && $i == -1) || ($CurrentMonth <= 10 && $i == 1) ? 'disabled' : '';
            $opts .= "<option $sel value='$y' $dis>$y</option>\n";
        }
        return $opts;
    }

?>
<html>
  <body>

<select name="YYYY_Entry" style="width:60px">
        <?= yearEntryOptions($SE_YYYY_Entry) ?>
    </select>

</body>    
</html>