business flyer

jcombs_31

1) Where are you getting it printed?  More colors might be a cost issue so you might consider scrapping the yellow globe.
2) "Connecting South Florida and Beyond".... sounds a bit cheesy.
3) The faded offset on the company name doesn't look right.  I'd go for a tighter "shadow" look.

1)I was going to just print them at work. :)
2)It was just connecting south florida, but then I thought about potential clients that are not in S. Florida. Any other ideas?
3)I don't want to brighten the image too much because it becomes distracting.  I'm not sure what you mean exactly by tighter shadow look?

[quote author=jcombs_31 link=topic=123686.msg511538#msg511538 date=1169575372]
3)  You mean more narrow?  This fits on a 8.5x11 paper with a white border with each column of equal size.
[/quote]
I'm talking about JUST the words with the offset shadow.  I'd just put the offset shadow part more under the words it is repeating.  Does that make sense?

ok, I changed it back to connecting south florida.  Afterall, the flyer will only be local so it applies fine.  I tightened the text shadow and aligned things a little better.  Any other suggestions?  Does this thing stand out nice for a the services I offer?

I would center align the text "Services" (as with the icon).

I might put CEO or something different than President.

Depending on what your front page will be when folded (if at all??) - you might want to put "Multimedia Technologies" on the page with the Palm tree.

Also - can you take out Postal address, and just put it "Address".

Also: M-S. Sunday or Saturday? Also what about some text - saying contact us for a free quote etc. etc.

-steve

Don't center align. I took a Desktop Publishing class, and she said it may look good center aligned, but it is bad styling practice. Let me give it a shot:

1) Instead of doing left align the paragraph that starts, "Our primary goal" align it on both sides instead of just the right.  Justified is what the text is called.

2) Put President: Jeff Combs up at the top instead of at the bottom.  People want to know who you are. 

3) Shrink the flier up a bit, long-ways, and add a bunch of your name, company name, and number.  Clip those and make it where people can tear them off. Most people don't have a pen to write down a phone number, email address, or web site, nor do they normally have the time. On top of that, you can't expect them to remember your name.  With small tear offs at the bottom they can grab your contact specs and go.

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=123686.msg512879#msg512879 date=1169690332]
Don't center align. I took a Desktop Publishing class, and she said it may look good center aligned, but it is bad styling practice. Let me give it a shot:

1) Instead of doing left align the paragraph that starts, "Our primary goal" align it on both sides instead of just the right.  Justified is what the text is called.

[/quote]

Sometimes justifed text really bothers me because of the wierd space it can create between words.  I'll try and see how it looks.

[quote]
2) Put President: Jeff Combs up at the top instead of at the bottom.  People want to know who you are. 
[/quote]

I can do that

[quote]

3) Shrink the flier up a bit, long-ways, and add a bunch of your name, company name, and number.  Clip those and make it where people can tear them off. Most people don't have a pen to write down a phone number, email address, or web site, nor do they normally have the time. On top of that, you can't expect them to remember your name.  With small tear offs at the bottom they can grab your contact specs and go.
[/quote]

I don't think I'll do that. Seems tacky to me, I'd rather leave some business cards with the flyer. I see people do that all the time with renting, but not on a business flyer.

Yeah... I wouldn't do #3 either.  I'd rather see you leave 50 flyers at each location rather than do that trick.  That's for selling crap in a dorm or at a place of work... not for pushing your business in a public place.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.