unbelievable - for the 'guitarists' out there...

redbullmarky

I saw this only yesterday - It's been knocking around on YouTube, etc, for quite a while so maybe old news to some but it nearly blew my head off  :o

It's a cover of some other dudes arrangement, but IMO much nicer. Tis not so much the speed that makes it impressive, just the whole sound. Enjoy :)

Nice, i wish I could get that burnt to a cd.  As far as music, that is probably my favorite type of music.  The guitar does something for you that no other instrument can.

Rock, metal, anything with a guitar.  THe main reason I like sabbath.

Where did you find that, I had to bookmark it.  Do you know who that is, or if they have a cd out or anything.  Or is he just someone who plays as a hobby.

Edit: the fact that he is so young makes it even more powerful.  I can't imagine what he will sound like in 10-15 years.

That was pretty good! I like the arrangement and his guitar tone. And for the difficulty of that song he only messed up twice haha :) ...not that I could play any better.

If you like music like that then you will like Dream Theater a lot! john petrucci has that same smooth heavy metal tone...it's awesome.

Hopefully this kid gets out of his bedroom soon and lets the world know he CAN play guitar...if he does that we could see a lot from him in a few years or less...

the song itself is Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel but was re-arranged by JerryC. The kid in the video i posted is one of many who've tried and one of only few that have done a damn good job of getting close to Jerry's, and is pretty famous in his own right because of it.

Chris, look up "JerryC" on youtube - you'll see that (whilst he genuinely messed a few notes up) he actually copies some of the original errors.

I normally get bored of all this shredding stuff as it's more of a show-off rather than anything musical - but this really is fantastic.

It won't let me download any of them though.  Every link that has to do with downloading something is taking me to a page not found on his site, for some reason.  Doe's it work for you, if it does can you email them to me.

Or do you know where I can get them that will work if none of them are working.

I want to try and see what all of those sound like.

Actually I think this guy is better. =P

yeah in some ways i'd agree, but it's a different genre altogether - so probably sidewards comparable rather than better/worse.

if you like the whole acoustic tapping thing, then this guy, Erik Mongrain, really is amazing:

similar style to the one you posted.

Actually I think this guy is better. =P

yeah in some ways i'd agree, but it's a different genre altogether - so probably sidewards comparable rather than better/worse.

if you like the whole acoustic tapping thing, then this guy, Erik Mongrain, really is amazing:

similar style to the one you posted.

True to that.  That guys is very good aswell, finger tapping can be so amazing.  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.