Look at my website

eschnell

Besides the fact that it's a bit dull, it's also not very unique. It's a slightly modified Dreamweaver template (2 Column Halo Left-Nav if I remember correctly), with a small amount of osCommerce integration tossed in. As well, the osCommerce page doesn't look like the rest of the site.

There are also some nasty inconsistencies (spelling?). For example, the osCommerce bit is at the bottom of the index and the osCommerce page, but nowhere else. Also, you can add to the cart from any page, but only view it from the main page.

Overall, you should make your own design and fit osCommerce around it, and keep everything consistent from page to page.

Its not too bad - it just looks disjointed and scattered.

The "About BGD" is on its own in the middle.

The Div on the left is a bit too wide. If you sort that, and bring together the content in the main div - it'd look better.

Try limiting the page width to 80% - it might look better.

Also - if you sort or style your <h1> and <h2> - it will flow better.

-steve

The "About BGD" is on its own in the middle.

Fixed

The Div on the left is a bit too wide.

Fixed

Try limiting the page width to 80% - it might look better.

How do you do that? ???

(2 Column Halo Left-Nav if I remember correctly)

You Got It! :D

As well, the osCommerce page doesn't look like the rest of the site.

I'm working on changing the osCommerce store and my home pages to look the same and instead of having two sites, i will just have one.

There are also some nasty inconsistencies (spelling?). For example, the osCommerce bit is at the bottom of the index and the osCommerce page, but nowhere else.

I am horrible at spelling. :P I put it all into word and got what I could. The only reason I have to osCommerce link on the bottom of the homepage is so I can get some help from them too.

Also, you can add to the cart from any page, but only view it from the main page.

Fixed

Thank's for your help so far.

Eddie Schnell

Webmaster

Custom PC Builder

eddie@eschnell.com

ed@beachglassdirect.com

www.eschnell.com

the images are small and some are blurry...i would have a thumbnail image on the page. then click to view larger image or something...

looking at the code from the contact page...

your email addresses are in plain text...i have had an issue with this in the past...had a harvester go through my site and catch the email addresses...checked my email one day and had about a bajillion returned emails from all kinds of people... i would suggest going to http://www.dynamicdrive.com and using the email address encrypter scrypt there...

also, for the submit button, instead of

<td>       <input type="submit" value=" Submit " /></td>

why dont you just blockquote it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.