PHP error

I am running through a guide to install Apache with PHP. The step I am at asks me to open a command prompt and type in php -v to test path settings. When I do this, I get the following image, can anyone help me?

PHP Windows Binary: 5.2.1 zip package - Tried different mirrors to eliminate package error.

Apache: 2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

I read that Apache 2.2 and PHP 5 do not play nice, but could it cause the problem in the image?

phperror.jpg

The last two comments are real mature, did you come up with those on your own?

I am using Windows, because:

#1. A properly secured server is a properly secured server -->. <-- Period

#2. The only reason Microsoft is attacked more, is there is a larger Microsoft presence. If *nx was better, more people would use it.

Now, if mature people would like to respond with helpful comments please do, I am still having this issue.

the things you are seeing in the image are warnings and so those might not matter, but it looks like the module was compiled or installed wrong

Thank you for the more constructive reply.

This is the guide I am using. http://www.expertsrt.com/tutorials/Matt/install-apache.html

I extracted the zip to my webserver folder and applied the path in the Environmental Variables.

I tried to eliminate the issue of compile problems with trying different mirrors.

Right, but what I am trying to do is this.

OK, you restarted and you're back. Let's make sure PHP is working. Go to Start->Run and type cmd and press OK to bring up a command window. At the command prompt, type php -v and press Enter. If you updated the PATH varaible correctly, you should see something like:

PHP 5.1.2 (cli) (built: Jan 11 2006 16:40:00)

Copyright © 1997-2006 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright © 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

If you get an error message like, "php is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" go back and check to make sure you completed all the steps of adding your PHP folder to your PATH variable, and that you typed the file path correctly.

I have started tracking down possible issues and found that the system still thinks there is another version of php installed on my machine. It stems from another open source program that did not uninstall all the services it installed. I have done some research and found possible dll's to be the culprit. Can anyone please tell me what I should be looking for? I am not in a position I can search the server currently, but a search on the web pointed out to look for this file, php4ts.dll. I am using PHP5, but the program that did not uninstall everything that it installed did use PHP4.3 I believe.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.