Please critique this design

s0c0

This is only the second idea I've come up with for the site.  I'm no pro, but I can most likely implement any good suggestions.  Might be kind of slow since your going over my cable connection to get to this:

http://71.195.254.171/sample.html

The application side is in pre-beta and I'm only letting friends and co-workers find all the bugs for right now.  Thanks.

Very nice, clean design, but it doesn't validate at all. You've got to work on your markup.

Also, IMHO, while I like the design, it doesn't really seem to fit the theme of the site. It looks like a tech site or CMS (which, I guess it is sort of one) rather than a music site. Some of that could change simply with the addition of some fitting images, but just my first impressions.

Umm... I wasn't expecting people to think this was a good layout cause I know I can do better.

I will center it, add borders to the tables, and yes it is the "general" layout of the entire site for right now.  Please tell me what I am doing wrong though.  I am not a pro web designer so I know I am  missing some things.  One person mentioned I need better graphics to give users the feel of what the website is about. More stuff like that is helpful to me and thanks for all the great feedback.

Very "Web 2.0"

wow, great response!!!

It is a little boring, and the light blue almost makes it depressing. You have an issue with the gap space on the bottom container being more than the others. Since none of the links work, I can't see how you plan to integrate the other pages. I think a 3 pixel border around each section with a different shade of blue would look nice.  Maybe even a slight drop shadow. I would spice up those sign up buttons too. Make them look like buttons. I also think the bottom container should stretch to the full width of the other boxes and also center everything. You can also drop the tables.

Result:  Failed validation, 48 errors

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2F71.195.254.171%2Fsample.html

Well, that is one thing you're doing wrong. Get that page validated! lol Also, as jcombs said, drop those tables. Switch over to divs and more CSS. The colors need a little work, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. A silver/grey background would do fine in my opinion, but it's up to you. Also, switch the textual menu over to an unordered list. Other than that, I like it. Have fun fixing it up!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.