[SOLVED] ftp

Ninjakreborn

I have a client who's ftp doesn't work on his "computer".  He doesn't have a firewall, and he only had windows firewall on, he turned it off to test it.  He can't get into anything through windows ftp, or through cute ftp (or something else). I tried through windows on some of the one's he was trying to get into, it let me right in.  This is happening with him on multiple different hosts.  Is there something generally that could cause this type of problem.

Yes, I walked him through it 3-4 times.  He had done it many time's before.  The first thing I did was walk him through checking for a firewall, and windows firewall.  He has done it before (He gets into them a lot.  Recently, it hasn't been letting him in.  He said he redid his system and every since them it stopped working.

he said some work, some don't.  He said it started happening a few years back

and it's been happening ever since

[14:45:43] SmartFTP v2.0.1002.2

[14:45:43] Resolving host name "ftpaddresshere"

[14:45:43] Connecting to IP ADDRESS HERE Port: 21

[14:45:43] Connected to ftpaddresshere.

[14:45:43] 220 FTP Service

[14:45:43] USER usernamehere

[14:45:43] 331 Password required for usernamehere.

[14:45:43] PASS (hidden)

[14:45:43] 230 User usernamehere logged in.

[14:45:43] SYST

[14:45:43] 215 UNIX Type: L8

[14:45:43] Detected Server Type: UNIX

[14:45:43] FEAT

[14:45:43] 211-Features:

[14:45:44]  MDTM

[14:45:44]  REST STREAM

[14:45:44]  SIZE

[14:45:44] 211 End

[14:45:44] PWD

[14:45:44] 257 "/" is current directory.

[14:45:44] TYPE A

[14:45:44] 200 Type set to A

[14:45:44] PASV

[14:45:44] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

[14:45:44] Server closed connection

This is the same log he gets with his system.  If it's not workin gin that, it doesn't work in IE.  It's only happening with some hosts, but it's causing him major problems with his business.

Can someone help me track down the possibilities of what could be causing it, using this FTP log.

Yep, we ruled out the client.  we ruled out the server.  we started talking about it being the machine, he mentioned he had a router.  He went ahead and tried a few more machines and hooked them to the router, same problem.  He is 100% sure it was now caused by the router, he is going to try upgrading the firmware, if not then he's going to get another one.  Either way problem solved, thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.