WEB 2.0 rules and guidelines?

bilis_money

hi guys.

I need the web 2.0 rules and guidelines specially on graphics designing and the lay outing of the page.

I've used google but i haven't found them.

I know i saw these rules before in a freelancer bidding website.

The problem is i did not bookmark them.

And by the way, why is everybody want this web 2.0 design?

I just really don't understand why they wanted it...

Thank you very much in advance.

Web 2.0 is marketing hype. Like most snake oil, it has no rules or regulations to 'control' it.

Why not make up your own 'rules' and call it web 3.0 and be ahead of the curve?

Great idea! ;)

Honestly, though, there is no defined structure to what Web 2.0 is. Basically, there is a "look" that many people say is Web 2.0, but when asked to define it, they will point you to an endless list of examples rather than trying to define it. As AndyB said, 95% of Web 2.0 is marketing hype. Is the concept of giving your content control over to the users a good thing? Sure, within reason, but some sites have been doing that for years, and yet people hold to the idea that Web 2.0 is a new thing... go figure.

I think Web 2.0 encompasses a couple of different things that a few sites have incorporated into the past, but are just now becoming mainstream.

1) UGC - User Generated Content

2) An emphasis on simple designs.  Since more and more of every page we visit contains content, there isn't a whole lot of room for fluff.  As a result the emphasis on flashy graphics, image maps, navigation buttons, etc. has declined.  I think in terms of content, Web 2.0 signifies that your content flows intuitively and that you can quickly scan a page for the relevant pieces of information you're seeking without being bogged down by graphics or flash media.

My $.02

it's the Filipino language.

Hey, bro, is that tagalog, ilocano or what? I grew up in Guam, and one of my best friends is tagalog, so I'm always very interested.

2) An emphasis on simple designs.

roopert, I don't know that simple designs is quite specific enough. Most sites that are recognized as "Web 2.0" are very open with a good use of white space. That doesn't always mean "simple," but I agree that in most cases, that does fit.

thanks neylitalo.  :D

but, I'm more on focus on web 2.0 design layout.

i already read some tutorials and articles on it.

and there is a saying that attracted me to study it more.

here --> "Don't decorate, communicate.".

i'll guess this make sense why they wanted web 2.0 design.

and ditch the common, old and too much graphics design.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.