Click Captcha

actionpro

Some of the numbers are really hard to read... I got one that I think had 53 and 58, so I had no way of knowing which to pick...

maybe don't include so much noisy stuff... if it's an image, I doubt most programs can read it anyways...

agreed - i really like this idea. where it may fall on its backside (other than readability) is accessibility - if you havent got a mouse (or are one of these that tend to do everything on the keyboard) or if you havent got javascript turned on, it wont be any use. in the case of the latter, a non-javascript user will be clicking around non necessarily knowing why it isnt working.

I guess I'm just being a bit picky, because otherwise, I'd rather be presented with something like this than many of the other captcha methods - so it'll be interesting to see if there's any fallback methods that keep its quirky way of working yet allow others to use it.

Pretty neat captcha concept. Might just have to start using it. Though, as previously said, there are problems with reading the numbers. Might want to make the noise a different color than the numbers.

jcombs_31: There are frameworks which will do all the javascript for free. I.e. if you are doing a login, it will do the mysql auth etc. etc., put a red notice beside the incorrect/missing info. And not only this - it gives the javascript code for checking forms if javascript is enabled, and gives a better UI for ppl with javascript.

Sorry if the explaination is a bit vague.

<footnote>I should start using a framework</footnote>

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.