logo concept

jcombs_31

I could tell it said mytech, but to be honest I didn't know it was a power button until I read your post.  I dig the graphic, and if you're going to stick with it my only suggestion is changing the color scheme to something less boring, unless those colors already fit the colors in your site layout.

I think it looks good, but people might understand it if you change the font type and remove the italics to make it look more like a power button.  I'd also change the color scheme to make the power button green so it looks more like a standard power button.

Using a power button for a "c" is IMHO a bad idea - id reads more like a "o" instead.

Now if you were to rotate it 90 degrees clockwise it'd resemble a "c" but would no longer look like a power button - doesn't mean you can't use it though!

Have a try rotating it and see how it looks - may have a problem with the character spacing with that and the "h" tho!

Nice work...again!

Anyways, I would go with the first.

The reflection of the laptop looks unrealistic IMO.

If you used the Server rack header/image with the body of the second, it'd look better.

Also - what does mytech primairly deal with? Servers or laptops? If they are hosting websites etc. the server image would be the best.

Im not too keen on the /////////////// in the second website. They look a little too distracting.

Other than that - looks good. I wonder how long it takes you to knock out these designs?

-steve

guess you guys didn't notice, but the first one is the index page and the second one was a sample for an internal page which I actually don't like very much.  To answer what the company does/will do is pretty much everything IT related, but not web hosting.  I actually did these in a few hours after a couple different mockups but haven't touched it in a few days because I just got back in town.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.