Anyone here like web designing?

LiamProductions

It can be fun... err that is you have the skill needed. I don't don't mind sitting down to sketch out a design but actually making it is a pain. I really don't know that much about it. I do more "integrations". For like blogs and stuff. I did find a cool site where you can go buy a template for cheap. I'm talking less than $35! They aren't bad either. Not to mention w3c compliant.

http://4templates.com

I like design. I was artistic as a kid and would love to draw, but I went MANY MANY years without doing anything artistic at all.  It was only recently that I realized how much I like web development and have been exploring with graphic design.  I now look at everything in a different way.  Print advertising is great to look at for different kinds of inspiration.

We have a team of graphic designers that we pay to do that kinda stuff for us - I'm rubbish at design, though I can use the tools well, I'm just not creative enough to come up with the ideas...

It is funny that this kind of topic can be raised.  I am a graphic designer (by title) and a web programmer (in training).  I was thrown into the job because I take direction well and know something about computers.  I learn fast with books and find it silly that my company is too damn cheap to hire professionals.

The people that run the company I work for are old fashioned and do not know what they are talking about when it comes to design and functionality.  EVERYTHING is done by committee.  The designers have no freedom with their projects and are forced to make changes that don't seem logical.

Yes I like web designing, as long as it doesn't involve a bunch of incompetent people telling you that you don't know what your doing and their design is two stick people holding a stick drawing of the product.  Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Principle Skinner gets mad at the artist over the murial for the school . . . it's kinda like that here.

It is funny that this kind of topic can be raised. 

And what does that mean?

Never mind.  It was a little joke that was running through my head at the time that I read this post.  I should have kept it to myself.  You know . . . Why did the chicken cross the road? . . . Anyone here like web designing? . . . just stupid "punny" jokes that when I reply come out the wrong way.

I like web designing as I stated before.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.