Personal Site Feedback Needed

Ninjakreborn

IMHO, if you are going to put navigation with the header, it should be horizontal, not vertical.  The vertical nav bar should be put on the left side, that is the general practice.  The nav text seems crowded inside the bar.  There is too much space on the left side of the nav bars.

Try switching the login and news to the right side and place the nav bars on the left.  Or you could put the latest news in the center content area.

echo darkmage's comments, particularly about the navigation in the header.  if you leave it vertical, at least shift it upward so that it doesn't extend the empty bottom space out so far.  you should also try to enforce a minimum height on the content in the right-hand side, because the advertisers box sitting right up at the top looks goofy.

i sure hope all that intro text won't stay in the header throughout the site - it's really a one-time read, so it belongs in the main section as local content, not repeated content.

Hmm, thank you for the feedback, I will implement them over the weekend when I do changes to my site.  That noted, is there any advice on the layout itself (coloring, font types, graphics, anything) that I can keep in mind when I go through it and rework the suggestions you listed?

My first impression is that it looks like one of those cheap templates that come with CMS's.

The only color on the page is that image that looks out of place, everything else is boring white and blue.

The text is tiny. I'm a fan of smaller text on web pages, but I can't easily read your page with the micro font size.

Yes, I agree with the previous post. This does look like some cheap template made website. All I see you doing is making millions of these small never will be visited webpages. Like embarrassing momments site? This creates a problem since you make a website for everything!!

If you stand for everything you stand for nothing.

Its the same with this. You have all these websites, but wheres the time? Will you have time to update and create awesome new stuff for AAAALLLLL of them???

- my point exactly...  :P

The feedback related to the site, how it's setup, and what I can do to improve it will all be followed, thank you.

THe feedback about not making too many sites probably won't. I make websites for the topics I choose. Thank you for attempting to leave feedback however.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback when I redo it, i will definitely be following 90% of the advice here, thanks again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.