[SOLVED] 5 hours of Flash...

maxudaskin

"quite frankly, it sucks."

but only because i'm massively anti-Flash for stuff that could easily be done in such a way that could be more accessible for everyone - ie, DHTML.

IMO, If you're going to use Flash, you've really got to USE Flash - not skim across its surface with basic rollover stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

A virtual airline! I have heard of you guys! Zoom I mean! I have been playing fs for about 4 years now and bla bla bla. For your website, I would reccomend not using flash but PHP, since I know alot about fs your website should have a PIREP system capable of taking predefinened IATA routes and display themm for a user to choose. Then for each aircraft should have the 65% full and 98% full of PAX and CAR and auto assign a random variable for the 2! I run a VA website so I am going to share some code with you for PHP for the random PAX and CAR

<?php
$connection = @mysql_connect("$db_host", "$db_user", "$db_pass") or die("Couldn't connect.");
$db = @mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection) or die("Couldn't select database.");
$plane = $_POST['plane'];
$time = date("'F j Y, g:i a'");

$strd = $_POST[depart];
$strd = strtoupper($strd);
$stra = $_POST[arrival];
$stra = strtoupper($stra);
$money = round($_POST[distance] + $_POST[distance] / 0.476, 2);
$money2 = '$';
$money_main = '' . $money2 . '' . $money . '';
include_once ('aircraft.php');
$sql="INSERT INTO flights (PilotName, FlightDate, AircraftName, NbrPassengers, CargoWeight, DepartureIcaoName, ArrivalIcaoName, TotalDistance, TotalBlockTime, money) VALUES ('CMX-$valid_user', $time, '$_POST[plane]',
 '$passengersrand', '$cargorand Lbs', '$strd', '$stra', '$_POST[distance] NM', '$_POST[hour]:$_POST[minute]', '$money_main')";
 $error = $tblstart . 'Flight Sucessfully Posted!' . $tblend;
 include_once($index);

$result = @mysql_query($sql,$connection) or die("<b>A fatal MySQL error occured</b>.\n<br />Query: " . $query . "<br />\nError: (" . mysql_errno() . ") " . mysql_error());
?>
}

and for your aircraft.php file you should have:

<?php
if ($plane == 'CRJ-200'){
$passengersrand = rand (40, 49);
$cargorand = rand (5000, 13100);
}
elseif ($plane == 'Airbus A320'){
$passengersrand = rand (100, 145);
$cargorand = rand (100000, 365900);
}
else {
die ('Invalid Aircraft');
}
?>

I am sorry for posting this code and not giving that good of a critique it is because I hate to see virtual airlines fall apart just because they dont have a PIREP system! Best of luck and if you guys support fsx&fs9 maybe Ill join.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.virtualzoom.net/flash.htm

What do you think?

Suggestions? I want you to be super strict, do not be afraid to say, 'Quite Frankly, It sucks like [some vulgar adjective here] [some vulgar noun here]'. I want to hear anything and everything, if you think a colour is slightly off, I want to know.

Page not found, so; "Quite Frankly, It sucks like [some vulgar adjective here] [some vulgar noun here]"

And ya flash sucks. Although there doesn't seem to be any flash on that page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.