sql to be merged in the php forum

I think it would be wise if the sql forum and the php forum were merged OR tell the moderator's that a query is php.

because if I ask anything to do with query's(remember that's php) in the php forum(where it belongs.)

I get's moved to a dead forum(mysql forum)...

Now it would be terrible if php.net has a sister site that was sql.net and any function that had a query or anything to do with mysql in it would be moved there...

the two technologies are totally different and are broad enough to warrant their own section. each moderator uses their own judgement to move it to somewhere more likely to get you better help - PHP experts tend to lurk in PHP Help, MySQL experts in Mysql help, etc - so if your issue involves an issue with a mysql query (which is NOT php at all) then the MySQL forum is the best place for it.

By your own deduction, how is a query a PHP thing and not relevent to MySQL? Just because you wrap a query in quotes and slap a variable on the start, doesnt make it PHP ;)

MySQL may seem like a dead board, but i'll bet that pound for pound it gets more solutions (and better / faster ones) than PHP help, namely due to the help of people like fenway.  you may have to wait longer, but the chances that you get a working solution the first time are greater.

Now it would be terrible if php.net has a sister site that was sql.net and any function that had a query or anything to do with mysql in it would be moved there...

That would be expected. They are two different things, that can be (and are often) used independently of each other.

That would be expected. They are two different things, that can be (and are often) used independently of each other.

php.net does not have a site for sql

i have a feeling you misunderstand why some of the topics end up in MySQL while others stay in PHP.  if there is an actual syntax error with the query itself, that falls under the domain of MySQL as MySQL is the language with which you query.  if there is an error in the PHP that runs the query (or any of the processing it does), it belongs in PHP help.  they are distinct domains.

I think it would be wise if the sql forum and the php forum were merged OR tell the moderator's that a query is php.

because if I ask anything to do with query's(remember that's php) in the php forum(where it belongs.)

I get's moved to a dead forum(mysql forum)...

If you have a problem getting data from MySQL, it's a mysql problem -- independent of what scripting language you choose.  Once you have the result set, how you display it is a php problem.  I don't see where the confusion lies.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.