Internet Explorer Questions

Ninjakreborn

I have seemed to have some strange problems with internet explorer lately.  It comes up with the pages properly, but some side pages, and some alltogether come up as "Page Cannot Be Found".  Does anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix it.  Like sometimes a page comes up but some of the advertisements, or images might come up "sometimes" as page cannot be found.

Any advice?

By standard default I was using firefox.  It was having severe loading problems, based on some feedback off of there official site I did some tweaking to the internal configuration files for firefox and it helped some, but not my main problem.  For example my hotmail email address (when I had it) loaded VERY slow, so I changed to gmail thinking it was hotmail.  Then it happened in gmail after a few weeks, until 1 time I checked it using IE and it worked fast.  I like the luxuries of firefox, but how often I have to check my email, it just doesn't work well.  I have also checked on gmail speeds in firefox using google, and a lot of people had that problem with no known solution.

By standard default I was using firefox.  It was having severe loading problems, based on some feedback off of there official site I did some tweaking to the internal configuration files for firefox and it helped some, but not my main problem.  For example my hotmail email address (when I had it) loaded VERY slow, so I changed to gmail thinking it was hotmail.  Then it happened in gmail after a few weeks, until 1 time I checked it using IE and it worked fast.  I like the luxuries of firefox, but how often I have to check my email, it just doesn't work well.  I have also checked on gmail speeds in firefox using google, and a lot of people had that problem with no known solution.

Use an email client instead prehaps. I prefer to read my emails via thunderbird. Can't see how firefox suddenly loads pages slowly?

firefox and vista (if that's what you're using) seem to be causing issues for me in this respect. Mostly after visiting HTTPS pages.

IE has in the past seem to do weird things with its cache, including empty pages - so worth trying to clean up that. If you're not running IE7, then upgrade and make sure your Windows is up to date, too. Try resetting its settings back to default and starting from scratch.

Basically - clean up your computer a bit and see if that helps.

If you just want speed and don't mind not having the luxuries of Firefox and it's plethroa of extensions, use Opera.

It's like ie, except faster and more secure and has a bit more features built-in.

What is strange is for example

http://blog.overdriveelectronics.com/general/looking-for-a-freelance-businessman/

that website.

That is something someone just setup for me, as a link.  I can't access that site at all blog.overdriveelectronics.com

At all.  I can't see it in firefox, ie, or opera.

Friends tell me they see it, but I Can't.

firefox and vista (if that's what you're using) seem to be causing issues for me in this respect. Mostly after visiting HTTPS pages.

IE has in the past seem to do weird things with its cache, including empty pages - so worth trying to clean up that. If you're not running IE7, then upgrade and make sure your Windows is up to date, too. Try resetting its settings back to default and starting from scratch.

Basically - clean up your computer a bit and see if that helps.

I have FireFox and Windows Vista and it works perfect and better than IE

What is strange is for example

http://blog.overdriveelectronics.com/general/looking-for-a-freelance-businessman/

that website.

That is something someone just setup for me, as a link.  I can't access that site at all blog.overdriveelectronics.com

At all.  I can't see it in firefox, ie, or opera.

Friends tell me they see it, but I Can't.

Maybe a firewall/antivirus/router/DNS problem?

What happens if you open up the command prompt and put in ping overdriveelectronics.com and hit enter? Does it work?

If not, does it work if you do ping 74.52.131.220 instead?

If it does work.. try opening the page in a browser. Does it say can't connect to server or server not found or something? Or is it just blank?

If it's just blank.. what if you right click and click view source? Does it show anything in there?

If you can't ping it, then it is probably a firewall/antivirus/router/DNS problem.

Try turning off your firewall and see if you can then. If not try antivirus. If not try connect directly to modem instead of through router. If not it's probably something wrong with your ISP/DNS

In any case, I can't think of any reason for it to be a browser specific problem. It opens fine for me in Firefox, Opera, and ie.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.