need help choosing a new server!

acidglitter

I checked your link. - I never heard of the host before - Maybe its a reseller.

Anyway, I do recommend Godaddy.com . I KNOW a lot of ppl in this forum hate godaddy.com for various reasons - maybe someone can explain - but I like them.

I pay around $4 for almost the specs you gave. If you take the plan higher than that I think it would def. hit your specs and be around your price range. They do have php 5 but a limit of 20 mysql databases. In each db you can have virtually unlimited databases and unlimited tables. - to my present knowledge.

Give them a shot. Also, there is a sticky for hosts up top, I think. You should go down the list of each one.

I checked your link. - I never heard of the host before - Maybe its a reseller.

Anyway, I do recommend Godaddy.com . I KNOW a lot of ppl in this forum hate godaddy.com for various reasons - maybe someone can explain - but I like them.

I pay around $4 for almost the specs you gave. If you take the plan higher than that I think it would def. hit your specs and be around your price range. They do have php 5 but a limit of 20 mysql databases. In each db you can have virtually unlimited databases and unlimited tables. - to my present knowledge.

Give them a shot. Also, there is a sticky for hosts up top, I think. You should go down the list of each one.

GoDaddy.com is a great value.  The only thing I really dislike about them is the number of hoops you have to jump through in order to get to a control panel.  Also, I believe that they still don't have a built-in code editor.  I like using built-in editors for making quick changes on the fly.  Other than that, they're great.

I'm worried about it being slow or my site being down. I can't stand my current server anymore. My site has been down a ton this month. Last week I couldn't sign in to ftp for 3 days in a row. Now two days this week its only working half the time (like right now). I'll be right in the middle of fixing a page and then I lose the connection.  >:( >:(

You pay for what you get. Most hosts and offers under $10 a month are crap, it really is that simple.

I'm now locking this thread because as stated, we have a sticky on the subject. This question has been asked many, many times before.