My site was shut down :(

npsari

The hosting company shut my site down, i told them "but i have plenty of bandwidth", they said this...

You have plenty of bandwidth, your account just can't cause the server

load to skyrocket. Normal load is ~ 3-5. Your site caused it to exceed

39, so it was suspended to maintain proper performance for everyone

else. If this is normal for your site, you will need to look at dedicated

services. Thanks.

Can someone explain it in easy words, cus i dont understand what all that means

i understand that i need to get my dedicated server for better performance, but what is the problem my site caused?

I doubt image hot-linking is causing that much load (Though, feel free to prove me wrong - Just sounds odd). I'd have thought it was more likely you have a poorly written script, or running CPU intensive tasks - You're not allowing users to upload files which you're then processing, are you?

check you loops.

do you have a large database? and when you process, you output tons of information to the screen?

I created this script:

http://phpsnips.com/snippet.php?id=29

and when It runs, it converts an image to text with colors and everything. It runs really quick on small images, but if the image becomes to large it can really KILL the server bringing the CPU WAY UP, and the web browser almost becomes non-respondent.

Check for those huge loops and mass amount of data.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.