Maybe you guys should rename this Forum?

revraz

Not having your suggestion accepted !== We do not want suggestions.

P.S. Ober, I suggest I have $5.00 deposited to my bank account every time I help some one out--what do you think? No?! I can't believe you don't want suggestions!

Guys Its getting a little rough here...hmmm for my opinion I think every website should have some sort of suggestion box, whether its a strong form based website or just a normal website...things like "Feedback"

...Also, I havent been to the phpfreaks.com site in the last few days, whats going on with it?!

PHPFreaks.com Questions, Comments, & Suggestions should be

PHPFreaks.com Questions, Comments

Since you really don't want Suggestions.

Isn't this a suggestion?

::)

Orio.

hahaha

but he put a question mark on the end of the title so it changes the scope of the sentence (to one that doesnt exist)

Just seems you lock every suggestion you don't like.

And I don't understand your 2nd statement.  Experience where, with forums, with mods to forums, with this certain type of forum, with replying to topics, with moderating, with admin duties, with code..?

Can you be more vague?

We gladly take suggestions, but they have to fit our ability to support them.

And maybe... JUST MAYBE... we have a little more experience at this than you do.

Just seems you lock every suggestion you don't like.

The intential of the lock is not to ignore the suggestion... but simply to indicate that the suggestion is no longer relevant for discussion, since it has been rejected, for lack of a better term.  Most of the time, it's because the same suggestion has been raised time & time again... our answers are simply not going to change.  New suggestions are, of course, always welcome.

Locking threads in this board means the discussion is over.  Many people will suggest something and drone on about it like they can talk us into it.  Often it's more efficient to close it and move on.

And experience in terms of running this board, providing options for a large community, etc, etc.  Having dealt with online communities for the number of years that I have, I tend to get a feel for what is or is not going to work, and that goes for the rest of the staff as well.

We also know that if people don't initially present arguments valid enough for us to consider the change, they probably aren't going to come up with them later.

And members of the administration team often have ideas, and present them to the rest of the team, so there have been many suggestions made that the users don't see. This might explain our quick rejection of suggestions in some cases.

If you don't like how things are being run, were not keeping you here.

o wait sorry man but i think its not fair to say those words i think it would be better to know the main concern of this person

as you can see revraz have helped lot of member of this forum and i should say he contribute something to this forum..

sorry about that men i just think that is not right to say those words ..

I would like to point this out to be also relevant. Some changes requested are those that require mods to be installed, and others are changes that require administrator action. Unfortunately, only one of us (ober) has the privileges to install modifications, and ober and steelmanronald06 are the only admins that have actual permission to make forum-level changes. This is not something we've overlooked, it's something that phpfreak has done on purpose. So when these suggestions come through, they ultimately go to ober and steelman for their approval or rejection - they're the men that have to implement them, after all.

And it's not an easy thing to do. They have Actual Life to deal with, and I'm fairly certain that ober's family and Ronald's instructors wouldn't like it much if they started playing second fiddle to a website. I guess we have an unofficial policy that is, to use a huge cliche, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Unless things are seriously broken, the administrators are probably going to just leave it be.

And, please, don't suggest that we add more administrators, ones that have fewer pressing matters to deal with. It's been discussed, and as you can see, it hasn't happened.

Ron can install mods just like I can.  The problem is keep up with all of that when we have to do an update.

Look, this thread is going no where fast, so like many others before it I see no point in continuing the conversation.  Locked.