Adobe CS3

john_aa

Oum, I don't mean to be rude, (or maybe I do) but has this anything to do with PHP?

If your talking about Dreamweaver CS3, Yes, I use it, but since my laptop is down, and My Desktop = Dino, I'm still using Dreamweaver MX 2004, which is still pretty good.

And even if you are talking about Dreamweaver, this is still the wrong section.

Well back in the day it started out from some company, and they named the program Jungle Beat. Then Macromedia bought them out, and name it dreamweaver, then Adobe bought out Macromedia, and replaced Adobe Livewire or something like what with Dreamweaver.

I love Dreamweaver, I have the older version (Dreamweaver 8) it was before adobe bought Macromedia.

Dreamweaver = pointless (for a programmer)

The only web CS(2/3) Tools I would use are:

- Flash

- PhotoShop

If your not too familiar with these, and don't know what the new features are and whether or not they will benefit you, then I would do the last version and not the newest version.

How can you justify saying dreamweaver is pointless?  You may not have noticed, but there is a code view for programmers.  The autocomplete and syntax highlighting work great for html, php, javascript, etc...  There are many nice features that help cut down coding time.

- Flash

- PhotoShop

If your not too familiar with these, and don't know what the new features are and whether or not they will benefit you, then I would do the last version and not the newest version.

How can you justify saying dreamweaver is pointless?  You may not have noticed, but there is a code view for programmers.  The autocomplete and syntax highlighting work great for html, php, javascript, etc...  There are many nice features that help cut down coding time.

those features dont justify paying $600 or whatever for dreamweaver...you can get the same stuff from free programs online...

dont get me wrong, though...i use dreamweaver...its just that if all you are using it for is programming, you can do the same for less (or free.)

- Flash

- PhotoShop

Download Notepad++

You get:

- Syntax Highlighting

- auto complete

- FTP

- Site Manager

- 2 times as many syntax highlighting formats

- Your own syntax highlighter

- ABC Check

- Macro

- Plugins

and A LOT MORE

- Flash

- PhotoShop

Download Notepad++

You get:

- Syntax Highlighting

- auto complete

- FTP

- Site Manager

- 2 times as many syntax highlighting formats

- Your own syntax highlighter

- ABC Check

- Macro

- Plugins

and A LOT MORE

Yes!! I love notepad++

However, I also have the CS3 master collection... but I didn't get it through, how you say, legal means...

I find Notepad++ quite annoying. You'll have to explicitly select "PHP File" from the drop down menu on the save as dialog in order to be able to use the .php extension. Otherwise it'll override the extension and make it .txt instead.

I don't have that problem. If I type in "myfile.php" it will save it as a php file not a txt file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.