Complaint about this site

Well I am fairly new here but I find the following things a bit irritating  ???

1. Why is the modify function basically set to 0. You make a post and a few second later want to add and you cannot modify the original post.

2. Cannot upload even the smallest of files. (config files)

3. Web site is super slow.

Well I am fairly new here but I find the following things a bit irritating  ???

1. Why is the modify function basically set to 0. You make a post and a few second later want to add and you cannot modify the original post.

2. Cannot upload even the smallest of files. (config files)

3. Web site is super slow.

(1) Read this sticky..

(2) Upload where/how? We have tightened up security due to some recently attempts to compromise these forums and the site in general, so bear with us.

(3) We have been offline intermittently, so it's possible that we're getting higher traffic than usual... we're still working out issues related to (2).

As far as the uploads, you can upload files with decent size, but the extensions are limited.

Tom told me that the the permissions on the attachments folder has been modified to not allow uploads so I believe DaveM is correct in saying he cannot upload. I tried to attach something earlier as well and I couldn't either.

As far as the uploads, you can upload files with decent size, but the extensions are limited.

Tom told me that the the permissions on the attachments folder has been modified to not allow uploads so I believe DaveM is correct in saying he cannot upload. I tried to attach something earlier as well and I couldn't either.

If that's the case then may aswell disable file uploads altogether through the AdminCP.

3.  Web site is super slow.

Really? I always find it runs at a decent speed. I'm impressed it runs as fast as it does especially with the overhead it must have on it - there are a lot of personalized queries that must be being made on each page. I'm guessing the site is probably programmed well.

Either that or I happen to be physically close to the server. But being in E. Asia, I doubt thats the case.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.